Preparation and cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 1lb turkey breast or chicken cutlets
- 2 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- 2 lemons (one whole; one thinly sliced)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- . cup fresh parsley, chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried parsley)
- 1 ounce brandy
- 1 ounce fat-free Half & Half
- 1 ounce water
- Non-fat cooking spray
- Pound cutlets to inch thickness.
- Crush 1 teaspoon of the peppercorns to a course texture and sprinkle evenly over cutlets.
- Spray large skillet with non-stick, non-fat cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Do not overheat.
- Place turkey/chicken cutlets in skillet and squeeze juice from one whole lemon over cutlets.
- Add mushrooms.
- Sauté for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Transfer to platter and cover to keep warm.
- Combine the remaining whole peppercorns, Worcestershire sauce and mustard in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Tip skillet toward you and add brandy.
- Ignite the brandy with match until flame burns out.
- Add Worcestershire mixture to skillet and stir until heated.
- Pour over cutlets and garnish with sliced lemon and parsley and serve.
Quinoa pilaf and fresh steamed asparagus